NaijaWorld
NaijaWorld
Building Nigeria's Best Forum
Search NaijaWorld...
Get AppCreate PostLogin
Create Post
ExploreCommunitiesLeaderboardsAboutContact UsDownload AppLogin
User AgreementPrivacy PolicyCommunity Rules
ExploreCommunitiesLeaderboardsAboutContact UsDownload AppLogin
User AgreementPrivacy PolicyRules
HomeExplorePostAlertsProfile
Post
dapo·Outside Naija· Aug 2, 2026

Trump Pauses Possible Iran Strike, Pushes for Rapid Hormuz Deal

Trump Pauses Possible Iran Strike, Pushes for Rapid Hormuz Deal

US President Donald Trump says he has paused a possible attack on Iran after being told that the outlines of a deal had been agreed with Iran and other Middle Eastern countries. Trump said the proposed agreement would reopen the Strait of Hormuz and address concerns over Iran's nuclear programme. He described the deal as needing to be concluded quickly. The announcement follows reports that the US and Israel were considering major strikes on Iranian energy infrastructure. Iran had earlier warned regional governments against co-operating with Washington, while the US advised Americans in the Middle East to prepare for possible travel disruption or an escalation in tensions. Iran had not publicly responded to Trump's statement at the time of the report.

31
5

Use The App To Win ₦1m

Google PlayApp Store

Stories are shared by community members. This article does not represent the official view of NaijaWorld — the author is solely responsible for its content.

More from Outside Naija