Post
isaac·Sports·

FIFA Sacks COO Days After He Criticised Infantino’s World Cup Investment Plan

FIFA Sacks COO Days After He Criticised Infantino’s World Cup Investment Plan

FIFA has dismissed Chief Operating Officer Kevin Lamour days after he publicly criticised President Gianni Infantino’s reported proposal to bring private investors into the World Cup. Lamour’s exit was confirmed on August 17, 2026, less than two years after he joined FIFA from UEFA, where he had previously worked with Infantino. The dispute followed the emergence of the proposed “FFE” plan on July 31. Lamour accused FIFA’s leadership of misleading staff and said Infantino was acting as though he owned the organisation rather than serving it. He said he was prepared to lose his job for speaking out. FIFA later shelved the proposal, but Lamour has now left his role.

30
5

Use The App To Win ₦1m

Google PlayApp Store

Stories are shared by community members. This article does not represent the official view of NaijaWorld — the author is solely responsible for its content.

More from Sports